Gluten Free Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a classic Italian dish that is loved by many and for good reason! It’s so comforting and delicious while also being extremely cheap and easy to make. It is often thought of as a “poor man’s pasta” due to quite how cheap it is to make. You can eat it as is, but I really like to top it with a pan gratin which is flavoured toasted breadcrumbs.
- 2 Portions of dried gluten free spaghetti
- 6tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Red chilli, finely diced
- Large handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Small handfuls of gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2tsp Garlic granules
- 1tsp melted butter
- 1⁄2tsp dried parsley
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling add your dried spaghetti and cook to andante.
- Toss your breadcrumbs with the butter, garlic granules, dried parsley, and a little salt and pepper. Evenly spread over a baking tray and place in a 180°C oven for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- A few minutes before your pasta is done, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot add the garlic, chilli and a little salt and pepper, and stir until the garlic is golden but not burnt.
- Add your pasta to the pan along with a little of the pasta water. Add your chopped parsley. Toss and stir vigorously until the oil emulsifies with the cooking water. If it becomes a little too dry, add some more of your pasta water.
- Serve in a pasta bowl and top with the breadcrumb mixture that you made and optionally some grated hard cheese.
About This Recipe
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a delicious Italian dish that is said to have originated in Naples. It is loved by many and is so cheap and easy to make, so it is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. As everyone starts going back to the office, we have much less time and effort on our hand to cook up extravagant meals on a weeknight and this pasta dish is perfect for those night when your back from work late and just want something delicious, easy and comforting.
This recipe makes a delicious gluten free Spaghetti Agleo e Olio that is topped with a crispy pan gratin. It is so simple and easy and can be whipped up in as little as 15 minutes. It’s a perfect family meal and the kids will definitely love it too!
Question: Why is my sauce all oily?
- This means that your sauce has not emulsified. Put the pan back over the heat, add a little of the pasta water and stir vigorously until it comes together.
Question: Can I use penne pasta?
- You could try but I don’t think it would work as well. Penne pasta works better in thicker sauces that will trap in the tube. Longer pastas will work better here.
If you have any more questions feel free to email me them at email@example.com
Love Gluten Free
Hey! I’m Caroline, I love baking and cooking and finding new ingredients to create better gluten free alternatives. In 2015 I found out I had coeliac and since then it has been my mission to find great ways to make gluten free food better.
Note that as an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.