Gluten Free Egg Fried Rice
Egg fried rice is a delicious and iconic dish. It is so quick to make and is a great way to use up leftover rice. This gluten free egg fried rice recipe is in my regular rotation of weeknight dinners as it is just so delicious! It is also perfect for a lazy Sunday as it can be whipped up in just 10 minutes. I crave this dish and make it at least every fortnight.
- 4 Portions of cold leftover rice
- 4 Sausages
- 3 Large eggs
- 150g Pak choi, chopped
- 1 Bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 Shallots, finely diced
- 1 Chilli, finely diced
- 2cm Knob of ginger, finely diced
- 4 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2-3tsp of Sambal or gochujang (chilli paste)
- 1tbsp Sesame oil
- 4tbsp Gluten free soy sauce
- 4 Spring onions, finely sliced
- Handful chopped coriander
- Handful roasted peanuts, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Remove the skin from all of your sausages. Add a drizzle of oil to a large pan or wok and place over hight heat. Add your sausage to the pan and break it into small chunks using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Once the sausage meat is beginning to get some brown bits add your shallots, bell pepper and chilli. Cook for about a minute stirring constantly.
- Add your garlic, ginger and chilli paste and cook for 1 minute. If your pan feels a bit dry add a splash of water. Add in your pak choi and toss.
- Push the contents of the pan to one side. Crack your eggs into the other side of the pan. Scramble them up until you have some big chunks of scrambled egg.
- Add the rice to the pan and toss it all together until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Add some most of the coriander and spring onions reserving some for garnish and incorporate.
- Add in your sesame oil and soy sauce and incorporate well.
- Serve in a bowl and top with chopped coriander, spring onions, chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
About This Recipe
This easy egg fried rice recipe is perfect for all you busy people. This recipe is so quick and easy making it perfect for a weeknight meal. It has a rich umami flavour from the soy sauce and sesame oil while the chilli paste brings a nice level of heat.
This recipe and egg fried rice in general is so versatile. You could really put any meat (or tofu), and any veg in. It’s a great way to use up leftovers and miscellaneous vegetables from your fridge. You could eat this as a main dish or omit the meat and eat it as a side dish alongside some braised pork belly.
This is a staple meal, and everyone should try this recipe. It’s so useful to have some quick and easy recipes to hand for busy days or those days where you just don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen for hours.
Question: Can I use microwave packet rice for this recipe?
- Yes absolutely! Essentially that packet rice is cold cooked rice so it will work well for this. Of course, the quality of the rice may not be as good, but it’s a great way to make this recipe even quicker.
Question: How long can I keep the leftovers for?
- This dish will last for about 2-3 days in the fridge. When you want to eat the dish just cover it and pop in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
If you have any more questions feel free to email me them at email@example.com
Love Gluten Free
Hey! I’m Caroline, I love baking and cooking and finding new ingredients to create better gluten free alternatives. In 2015 I found out I had coeliac and since then it has been my mission to find great ways to make gluten free food better.
Note that as an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.