The Best Gluten Free Blondies
Calling all white chocolate lovers! These gluten free white chocolate blondies are so delicious and gooey. They have a rich flavour of buttery, caramelised white chocolate. If you love a Caramac or Caramilk bar, then this is the recipe for you!
This gluten free blondie recipe is so good! It’s a super easy recipe so is perfect to bake with kids.
- 150g White chocolate
- 150g Unsalted butter
- 130g Gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4tsp Baking powder
- 120g Light brown sugar
- 90g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
- 1⁄2tsp Xanthan gum
- Large pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line an 8inch brownie tin with parchment paper.
- Weigh out the butter and chocolate in a bowl and heat over a bain-marie. Mix regularly until both the chocolate and the butter have melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside.
- Add the white and brown sugar to the bowl and whisk together. It may look like the mixture has split at first but don’t worry it will come back together once the eggs have been added.
- Crack your eggs into the bowl and add the vanilla extract along with this. Whisk until they are completely incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and xanthan gum into the bowl. Add a large pinch of salt and mix together thoroughly.
- Pour your batter into the lined baking tin and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for around 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling. Allow to cool completely as they will be too soft to cut while warm.
- Slice into squares and enjoy!
About This Recipe
White chocolate blondies definitely go down a treat in my household as my partner and I are white chocolate lovers. These blondies are essentially white chocolate brownies, the brownies younger sibling. Traybakes are just so easy and simple to make, and this recipe is no exception. Essentially all you have to do is melt the butter and chocolate, mix in all the other ingredients and pop it in the oven.
This recipe makes the most delicious gluten free blondies that are so gooey and dense with a crisp bottom, a gooey middle and a chewy top. The variety of textures in these blondies really do make them such a pleasure to eat. I personally think white chocolate blondies are the elite of all blondies, and these ones really will knock your socks off.
They are amazing plain but if in feeling really indulgent then I’ll warm it up slightly and pop a scoop of Mackie’s honeycomb ice cream on top. Doing this really does make it the most delicious dessert that you could easily serve at a dinner party.
Question: My blondies don’t seem to be cooked after 30 minutes, what do I do?
- Your blondies shouldn’t seem super firm like a cake when they come out of the oven. If they were then they would be quite dry and cakey which is not what we want here. Your blondies should be set but still quite soft after the 30 minutes of cooking. They will continue to cook from residual heat when they come out of the oven, and they will set up as they cool.
Question: How should I store these?
- These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, after this they should be stored in the fridge for up to 3 more days.
Question: Do I need to whip up the eggs, chocolate, and sugar?
- Many blondie recipes will tell you to, but I prefer not to. I think that not whipping them gives you a gooier texture in the middle and this is how I like them. If you prefer something chewy rather than gooey, you may want to consider whipping them up with an electric whisk
If you have any more questions feel free to email me them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Love Gluten Free
Hey! I’m Caroline, I love baking and cooking and finding new ingredients to create better gluten free alternatives. In 2015 I found out I had coeliac and since then it has been my mission to find great ways to make gluten free food better.
Note that as an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.
One thought on “The Best Gluten Free Blondies”