Gluten Free Sweetcorn Fritters
This recipe makes 6 delicious sweetcorn fritters, perfect for a summers brunch. They are mildly spicy and are delicious served with a sriracha mayo.
- 2 Corn on the cob
- 1tsp Smoked paprika
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1tsp Garlic granules
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Small shallot, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 50g Gluten free all purpose flour
- ¼tsp Baking powder
- 3-5tbsp Milk
- 3tbsp Neutral oil
- Cut the corn off the cob leaving as little corn left on the cob as possible.
- In a bowl mix together the egg, flour milk and baking powder until smooth.
- To this bowl add all of the other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop spoonful’s of the mixture into the pan and flatten them out.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on either side, or until golden and crisp.
- Serve with a drizzle of chilli oil or sriracha mayo, chopped parsley and chilli flakes.
About This Recipe
Fritters are a delicious breakfast that you can pack veg into. These smoky corn fritters are no exception! They are so summery, delicious, and crispy. This sweetcorn fritter recipe is so quick and easy and can be made in around 10 minutes, your whole family will love them!
I think these are best served fresh for brunch with a spicy mayo, some chives or spring onion and even with some fetta. Using the smoked paprika in them emulates that smoky flavour that we all associate with barbequed corn on the cob. It is a such nostalgic flavour executed in an elegant way. You need to try these!
There is no need for any fancy equipment with these. All you will need is the ingredients listed above, a bowl, a spoon, and a non-stick frying pan.
Question: My batter is too runny, so my fritters aren’t holding there shape, how do I fix this?
- Just add a little more flour until you batter becomes thicker. Don’t forget to adjust the seasoning when you do this though. Add a touch more salt.
Question: Can a freeze and reheat my corn fritters?
- Yes absolutely! When you want to reheat, them just pop them in a pan on low heat with some oil for 5-7mins on either side. Then turn the heat up and fry each side for a further minute to make sure they’re crisp.
If you have any more questions feel free to email me them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Love Gluten Free
Hey! I’m Caroline, I love baking and cooking and finding new ingredients to create better gluten free alternatives. In 2015 I found out I had coeliac and since then it has been my mission to find great ways to make gluten free food better.
Note that as an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.