Gluten Free Raspberry and White Chocolate Tart
This is a white chocolate custard tart with raspberries and a coconut and vanilla crust. The creamy white chocolate custard is delicious with the sweet tart raspberries. If raspberries aren’t your thing, try changing up the fruit depending on what’s in season.
- Basic Gluten Free Coconut and Vanilla Tart Crust
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 40g Caster Sugar
- 60g White Chocolate
- 1tsp Cornflour
- 200ml Double Cream
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 75g Raspberries
For a caramelised colouring on top finely grate some white chocolate on top of the custard before you bake
- Make the tart crust following the instructions in the recipe linked in the ingredients and par bake for 15 minutes at 180°C. Let cool.
- Turn your oven to 140°C.
- Heat your cream over a bain marie (low-medium heat) then add your white chocolate and stir until the white chocolate has melted and remove from the heat.
- Whisk your whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together in a bowl. Add the cornflour and vanilla and whisk again.
- Pour a little of your cream mixture into the egg mixture and whisk.
- Now slowly pour the rest of your cream mixture into the egg mixture while continuously whisking to create your filling.
- Place some whole raspberries into your tart case and then pour over your filling. Then scatter some pieces of chopped raspberry over the top. This will help to ensure that the chopped raspberries don’t sink.
- Place your filled tart on the middle shelf of your preheated (140°C) oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting. Keep refrigerated once cooled.
Love Gluten Free
Hey! I’m Caroline, I love baking and cooking and finding new ingredients to create better gluten free alternatives. In 2015 I found out I had coeliac and since then it has been my mission to find great ways to make gluten free food better.
Note that as an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.