Basic Gluten Free Pasta Dough
A basic gluten free pasta dough is an essential and is great for a dinner party. This recipe makes the perfect pasta. It is quite a thick and tough dough but it’s this texture that will make the pasta when cooked have the perfect texture.
This can be used to make all sorts of pasta shapes such as gluten free lasagna noodles, ravioli, tagliatelle, etc.
- 190g Gluten free all purpose flour
- 45g Cornflour
- 2 Whole eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1½tbsp Xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- 1½tbsp Olive oil
- 1tbsp Water (only if needed)
Carbonara is a simple but delicious recipe that can be elevated by making your own pasta.
- Mix together all of your dry ingredients and then dump this onto a clean work surface.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and crack your whole eggs directly into this along with your olive oil and egg yolk.
- With a fork, start to whisk up the eggs whilegradually incorporating the flour. Eventually this will become much thicker and more dough like, at which point you can start to work the rest of the flour in with your hands by kneading the dough.
- Before rolling your pasta and cutting it to your desired shape, ensure to rest your dough for around 30 minutes.
- The amount of time you should boil your pasta depends on the pasta shape you choose to make. roughly 3-4 minutes in salted boiling water is typical.
Love Gluten Free
Hey! I’m Caroline, I love baking and cooking and finding new ingredients to create better gluten free alternatives. In 2015 I found out I had coeliac and since then it has been my mission to find great ways to make gluten free food better.
Note that as an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.