Basic Gluten Free Coconut and Vanilla Tart Crust
This tart crust is super easy and results in a delicious buttery tart crust. It is perfect for summer tarts which will be complemented by the slight coconut flavour.
- 60g Coconut flour
- 50g Buckwheat flour
- 70g Gluten free AP flour
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 25g Granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Water
- 85g Unsalted Butter
This tart crust is perfect for summer tarts such as this raspberry and white chocolate tart, or lime and coconut curd tart.
- Mix all your dry ingredients together with the sugar and salt.
- Add the vanilla extract and the butter in small chunks and rub together with your fingers until you have a breadcrumb consistency.
- Add 1 tsp of water to the dough and rub in – Your dough should not be a cohesive mass, but breadcrumb consistency that can be pressed together.
- Butter the inside of the tin you will be using and pour in your crumbly mixture. Press the mixture up the sides of your tin and all over the base as evenly as possible – Use the bottom of a sturdy cup to help press it to the sides.
- Now put your tin containing the tart casing into the freezer until you have prepared you filling – Make sure you preheat you oven to 180°C before you take it out.
- To par bake your tart case for a filling that also must be cooked bake at 180°C for 15 minutes. If you are fully baking your case bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Love Gluten Free
Hey! I’m Caroline, I love baking and cooking and finding new ingredients to create better gluten free alternatives. In 2015 I found out I had coeliac and since then it has been my mission to find great ways to make gluten free food better.
Note that as an Amazon Associate I may earn commission from qualifying purchases.